The CSOs that we work with at the county level to promote accountability and the implementation of stronger health systems include:
TINADA Youth Organization (TIYO)
Tinada Youth Organization is a Youth and Child focused organization.
It focuses on using family to family and Youth-to-Youth focused interventions to demonstrate and attain sustainable economic power of youth and families.
They achieve this through the promotion of education, integrated Health and Economic support, Human Rights, effective leadership and nature Conservation within the Lake Victoria Ecosystem.
The organization promotes:
1) Sexual Reproductive Health Rights(SRHR)among the in and out of school youth and children
2) Education and career development to increase youth employment
3) Mental Health prevention, therapies, rehabilitation and Research
4) Strengthening of economic wise management, environmental & human resources within Lake Victoria Region
5) Reduction of disaster risk within community and schools
6) Human rights, equity and justice
6) Enterprise among youth and the vulnerable population exhibiting best entrepreneurial and agriculture practice
We Care Youth Organization
We Care Youth Organization is a youth- led and a registered community based organization operating in the counties of Kisumu, Vihiga and Siaya.
VISION: To promote Inclusivity and Transparency in the country’s development and governance processes.
MISSION: To advocate for and engage community members on issues public participation as their constitutional right.
Sectoral scope includes;
- Advocacy and policy implementation on SRHR especially in areas of Menstrual Health Management, Ending the triple threat of early pregnancies, new HIV infections and GBV.
- Implementing Community Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Solutions especially in relations to Menstrual Health Management.
- Implementing environmental literacy programs especially on solid waste management and climate financing.
- Strengthening local governance structures to improve public participation and generation of community- driven policies/programs.
We Care Youth Organization has documented and enforced policies that govern the organization and strongly believes in partnerships and collaborations in formulating and implementing programs.
Youth Alive Kenya (YAK)
Advocates for and supports youth participation in development processes. YAK implements programs on the following four thematic areas namely:
- Health (SRHR)
- Governance and Human Rights
- Livelihoods and Environment
- Institutional Partnerships
YAK envisions “A society in which young people take active responsibility for their lives and shape their destiny and communities”.
Their mission is “to develop the abilities of young people to create and access opportunities that improve their lives and communities”
Good Health Community Programs
Good Health Community Programmes is registered under the Ministry of Social Services. They empower communities to improve health and emphasize active participation from the community in identifying key health issues and strategies to address them.
Communities focus on their strengths and collectively mobilize to develop programs to achieve health goals. Their focus is Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health.
Vision: Empowered and emancipated women, young people enjoying transformed lives.
Mission: To facilitate a platform for women, young people’s voice and enable them to realize and unleash their potential to achieve lasting positive change in lives and communities through innovative application of knowledge and skills.
Values: Integrity, inclusion, innovation, team work and communication.
KEY STRATEGIC PILLARS.
Pillar 1. Livelihoods and Enterprenuership: Empower women and youth with entrepreneurship and livelihood skills, access and opportunities.
Pillar 2. SRHR: Equip women, adolescents and youth with knowledge on SRH, child marriage and HIV and also improve their access to SRH and HIV services.
Pillar 3. Gender Justice: promote gender equality, empowerment and equal access to opportunities between young and adult males and females.
Pillar 4. Youth Leadership and participation: empower youth in leadership, participation, assertiveness and decision making.
The organization works to accomplish its main objectives by holding charity events and extending its support to Differently Abled Persons (DAPs).
H2HSO offers the following services;
- Reproductive health services and HIV awareness (for the DAPs)
- Home-based care therapy
- Home visits and follow up
- Capacity building on social, economic, educational, political and human rights approaches
- Community awareness and sensitization on disability rights
- Child protection and Provision of therapy services among others.
Dreams Girl Youth Group
Dreams Girl Youth Group is a Youth Self Help Group that was formed by young women as a savings and loaning initiative for young women towards improving their livelihoods and to make them economically self-sustainable
The main aim of the group is to provide socio-economic empowerment to young people especially young women through entrepreneurship and financial literacy training, village savings and loaning and also provision of capital in terms of loans for member’s income generating activities.
A Community Where Girls and Young Women Are Holistically Empowered
To Promote Sustainable Initiatives that Enhance Economic Empowerment, Health and Well Being, Good Governance and Climate Action with Special Attention to Women and Girls.
Their goal is to build the capacity build girls and young women with knowledge, skills and opportunities that can enable them make informed choices that can contribute towards improving their living standards, human dignity rights
- To promote economic empowerment of girls and women through financial capabilities training, entrepreneurship training and community savings and loaning.
- To enhance health and wellbeing of girls and women through building awareness on Sexual reproductive health and rights and referral to appropriate interventions.
- To conduct community awareness and sensitization programs on environmental conservation, peace and good governance
- To mobilize community members to participate in their democratic and civic duties like budget making, public participation, electoral process and social accountability.
- To establish a community resource center and a safe space for girls and women as well as serving as a source of practical community and career development information to local community members.
INUKA SUCCESS YOUTH ORGANIZATION(ISUYO)
Inuka Success Youth Organization is a youth-led organization that natures, empower and develop young people for sustainability through advocacy, community strategies and community program interventions.
ISUYO focuses on Health Advocacy, Social Entrepreneurship and Livelihood, Climate Change Action.
MANYATTA RESOURCE CENTRE
Manyatta Youth Resource Centre aims at increasing opportunities for youth living in the slums within Kisumu city, to participate in sports, environmental conservation, primary health care and performing arts.
Manyatta Youth Resource Centre has found ways of engaging the community with a view of fostering togetherness despite different cultural and political backgrounds.
Manyatta Youth Resource Centre has diversified activities addressing issues of reproductive health, creating awareness on HIV/AIDS, promoting behavior change among the youth and capacity building through sports among others.
She Deserves to Soar(SDS)
She deserves to soar is dedicated to initiating and fostering sustainable processes that will empower, support and protect girls and women from the exploits of stigma, discrimination and poverty by advancing their sexual and cultural rights.
She deserves targets marginalized adolescent girls and women using a human rights-based approach to advance their sexual, legal and cultural rights to build a healthy and gender intelligent society where these girls and women can be able to make their own decisions.
The organization provides focuses on mentorship, training and empowerment, advocacy and awareness creation. The areas of focus are; Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Gender Equality, Gender-based Violence
Picture Youth Group Organization
Picture Youth Group is a LGBTIQ+/GBMSM led organization that was formed and registered in the year 2011 by young LGBTI persons identifying as Gay and Bisexual individuals who were/are using drugs and substance abuse and saw the need of being an organization that promotes sound health/wellness, implements programs on prevention and treatment of drugs and other substance of abuse and advocate for the human rights of its members and peers in Kisumu and its environment.
VISION: To advocate for sound Health, Human Rights and Economic Empowerment among LGBTIQ + Persons.
- Human Rights advocacy towards inclusivity of all and non-discriminatory society towards the LGBTIQ persons.
- To increase treatment on drugs and substance abuse among LGBTIQ+ persons.
- To reduce HIV/STIs infection among LGBTIQ+ Community.
- To increase the institution capacity of Pictures organization on Service delivery and advocacy.
- Sensitizing our members and the community at large on Gender Based Violence and Mitigation.
- Health Programing.
- Human Rights Advocacy.
- Institutional Strengthening.
The group major focus activities include:
- Sexual Reproductive Health Rights Advocacy
- Promotion of Human Rights and democracy through community sensitization
- Education and campaigns
- Capacity building and mentorship of local community young advocates
- Advocacy and lobbying for the issues affecting youth
- Women, children and the general community
- Promoting youth and women in Agribusiness
- Participating in Tree planting initiatives
- Fish farming and institutional strengthening to ensure better results of the programs
- Peace reconciliation and stability
LIVERO CONSORTIUM COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAM (LICOP)
LIVERO Consortium Project is a network of groups within the Lower Nyakach Division. The consortium is made up of a network of youth groups and a network of CBOs.
The consortium benefits from a background of a diverse multidisciplinary team of youth skilled and experienced in their own fields to form a synergy for performance within the required standards.